The Tranquility gals put together some of their favorite Chicken recipes to share. Happy Eating!
Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts submitted by Beverly Miller, Tranquility owner and Esthetician.
Preheat oven to 350. Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute in boiling water, remove and set aside.
Open up the butterflied chicken breast and place in each breast, 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil, 4 asparagus stalks, and some of the diced ham. Pull the two sides of the chicken breast together to enclose you stuffing and then secure with a toothpick. Season the outside of the chicken breast with sea salt and black pepper and place the breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Turning once or twice to brown slightly
Chicken with Mushroom Basil Cream Sauce also submitted by Beverly. Bev has been eating gluten-free for along time now and has recently made the switch to Paleo. She looks great and feels great. She does not sacrifice health for taste…. as you can see by these awesome chicken dishes.
3 boneless chicken breasts
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons chicken broth
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 green onions for garnish
Using a meat mallet pound out the chicken breast so each is 1/2 inch thick.
Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium to medium high heat
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into the pan once the oil is nice and hot. Brown the chicken on both sides then remove from pan and set aside
To the same pan add the chicken broth, mushrooms, coconut milk and basil. Whisk together and simmer until the sauce thickens. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce from the pan over the chicken and sprinkle chopped green onions on top
THAI CHICKEN SALAD submitted by Tanja, Tranquility Esthetician. This salad would be perfect to eat outside on the porch! Refreshing!
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- a large salad-bowl amount of salad greens, or enough for each person
- 1/2 cup fresh basil and/or coriander, lightly chopped
- MARINADE FOR CHICKEN:
- 4 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. regular soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced lemongrass
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, cut into thin strips with scissors
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 to 2 tsp.Thai chili sauce (to taste), OR 1 fresh red chili, minced
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a cup except for the peppercorns. Slather over chicken, ensuring all parts are equally covered with marinade. Then press coursely-ground peppercorn all over the chicken’s surface. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 to 15 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- If Using the Oven: Set oven to BROIL and place chicken on a broiling pan or a foil-lined baking sheet (turn out the sides of the foil to prevent juices from spilling into oven).
- Place chicken on second-to-highest rung of your oven, allowing it to cook 5 minutes each side, then turning. Continue broiling and turning until cooked (chicken will be lightly charred around the edges). Use the leftover marinade to baste chicken the first time you turn it.
- If Grilling the Chicken: Place chicken over a hot grill and cook until well done. Use leftover marinade to baste chicken when you turn it the first time.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the salad greens and dressing. To make the dressing: place water, lemongrass, and lime leaf strips in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute (this will soften the lemongrass and bring out the flavor of the lime leaf). Remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Taste-test the dressing. It should be tangy – a balance of salty, sweet, spicy, and sour. Adjust it to your taste by adding more fish sauce if not salty enough, more lime juice if too salty or sweet, more sugar if too sour, or more chili sauce if not spicy enough for your taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Portion out the salad among individual plates, and top with strips of the hot chicken. Sprinkle with fresh basil and coriander, and serve immediately while chicken is still warm. ENJOY!
1 pkg of ground chicken (can substitute chicken breast cut into small pieces)
5 cloves garlic minced
2 cans of coconut milk
2 to 3 tbs of red curry paste
fresh basil leaves
fish sauce (my favorite is Tiparos)
Sriracha hot chili sauce
Sautee garlic in a bit of olive and coconut oil.
Stir in the curry paste and add the chicken and brown.
Add 5 tbs or so of the fish sauce.
Add the coconut milk and gently simmer till chicken is cooked.
Add sriracha and fresh basil leaves and give it a good stir and serve over rice.
(Can serve over baked or sweet potato also)
Orange-Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion or shallot
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), cut into 4 pieces and at room temperature
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Season the chicken with 2 teaspoons of the salt and all of the pepper; set aside.
- Place the orange zest, juice, onion or shallot, honey, and remaining teaspoon of salt in a large oven-safe frying pan, whisk to combine, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until reduced by almost half, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the Dijon and whole-grain mustards.
- Add the reserved chicken, spoon some of the sauce over each breast, and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil. Whisk the butter into the sauce 1 piece at a time, letting each piece melt before adding the next. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.